Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Off With Her Head!!






NO! not Alice . Queen Elizabeth. I am taking a class where we are doing a tudor style portrait. In particular a Sketch of Queen Elizabeth for the first Portrait and a 3/4 view at that. Now, while I do love all things vintage and that era facinates me I really don't find Elizabeth all that attractive. Thank goodness this is 2010 or I am sure I would be beheaded .So here is a few sketches . One of Mary Tudor who I find more pleasing . I am going to have to find a way to make elizabeth a little more pleasing . Any Ideas?



5 comments:

  1. These sketches are amazing! I love the eyes on the second one. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to be much better at faces. I really love what you are doing here. She is amazing. What a talent you are. Great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very good Jackie. I drew my first face, but just a face--I don't think I could ever do it justice like yours. When you look at yours, you know they're royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I have to say the last one is my favorite--I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Jackie. Are you taking the Suzi Blu Piety & Passion class? I still want to take her The Goddess & The Poet class but it will have to wait.

    Congrats on your blog award, very cool and well deserved.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I agree, we are very lucky to have one that works ... 99 % of the time anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete