Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What is bringing me joy in this moment...

As you know I am embarking on a "Joy Diet" . As part of the process , I am noting the little things that bring me joy. I thought today I would share a few of the things that bring me joy at this moment.
1. Twitter friends ( I am lucky to have some uplifting people on twitter, I really didn't intend to love it but I do!)
2.Suzi Blu's Les Petit Academy ( I love learning with her)
3.Hands and Heart (Monica Zuniga), Sept 25 Halloween Party ,I love Monica
4.Haute Doll ( the faces are amazing ,I am going to get some magazines to use as inspiration for my faces)
5.Treasure Hunt with Heather Plett ( Twitter Friend ) . Amazing idea !!
6. Pop tarts
7.My Keurig, I love it!!
8.India Arie , ready for love, My favorite part of the lyrics is :
"If you give me half a chance,I'll prove this to you, I will be patient, kind, faithful and true To a man who loves music ,A man who loves art,Respect's the spirit world,And thinks with his heart."
All of her music is so positive .
9.Pumpkin Spiced Latte ( shared by a twitterer)
10. Vintage poetry book I bought, here's one I marked:
Music I heard
Music I heard with you was more than music,
and bread I broke with you was more than bread,
Now that I am not with you, all is desolate,
All that was once beautiful is dead.

Your hands once touched this table and this silver,
And I have seen your fingers hold this glass,
These things do not remember you ,beloved
And yet your touch upon them will not pass.

For it was in my heart you moved among them,
And blessed them with your hands and with your eyes,
And in my heart they will remember always,-
They knew you once,O beautiful and wise.
-Conrad Aiken

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem! I need to know more about this joy diet! I'm happy to have met you! You're a day brightener! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad I'm on your joy list! You're on mine too, 'cause you've been such a fun, supportive friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy! You definitely kicked off the beginning of the book club with a wonderful poem focused on my new favorite topic, JOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! You always brighten my day. And, Haute Doll: yes, yes, yes!

    ReplyDelete